Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Young The Giant at The Wiltern


Show: Young The Giant
Venue: The Wiltern, Los Angeles, CA
Date: 2/11/12
Show #7

I almost didn't make it to this show, on the count that I also went to The Fray this same night. I actually had this ticket first, but when The Fray added the Troubadour show, I knew that would have had to take priority over Young The Giant. However, instead of selling my ticket, I thought, hey, maybe I can make it to BOTH shows! People that I told this to thought I was crazy, and I'll admit I may have even agreed at one point but thought it was worth a shot. Long story short; as soon as The Fray finished, I sprinted out the door and hauled ass over to The Wiltern and made it for the last 45 minutes of the show! The guys scanning my ticket at the door gave me looks like "uhh do you know what time it is?".

Anyways, SO glad I got to see these guys! They sound amazing live. The lead singers voice is so unique, strong, and different, I was curious how it would stand up hearing him live and it was great! He has so much energy on stage, and I noticed that that from the moment I walked in, and even on a slower song because I could see the sweat dripping off of him from way in the back.

One of the best highlights were when Sexy Sax Man made an appearance! He did a little jig across the stage in the middle of a song, classic. Video below.


 The place just erupted when they did "My Body", myself included, so I apologize for the shaky video but I couldn't NOT move during that song! Video below.

Overall the show was a ton of fun (and I only saw 45 minutes!) and I highly recommend going to check them out if you get the chance.Sorry, no pictures due to getting there so late and being in the back, but I took a ton of videos!
Islands

Strings

Apartment

God Made Man

No comments:

Post a Comment