Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cartel at The Key Club


Show: Cartel
Venue: The Key Club, Los Angeles
Date: 3/24/12
Show #15

Ahh Cartel. One of my top 5 favorite bands. I fell in love with them my senior year of high school and stuck with them through the years. If you're not familiar with them, they're a pop/punk/rock group from Georgia who came on to the scene in 2005 with their hit album "Chroma" which had some goodies on it such as "Honestly" and "Say Anything (Else)". They also did the MTV show "Band in a Bubble", where they were forced to live in a glass house in New York where onlookers could come and see them at all hours of the day and watched as they record an album in 30 days. It was as crazy as it sounds, but an amazing album came out of it. The guys have said they will never do anything like that again, for good reason.

I went to see them at The Key Club as they were part of the Set Your Goals tour. I'm not a fan of Set Your Goals so I made sure to get there right as Cartel was coming on, and not stay any later. :-) These guys are so much fun to see live. I always leave Cartel shows a gross sweaty mess, and I love them for that. You can dance, jump or get a good fist pump going to all of their songs. Always a good time!










No comments:

Post a Comment