Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

James Morrison at Avalon



Show: James Morrison
Venue: Avalon- Los Angeles, CA
Date: 5/3/12
Show #28

I'm going to let this post be mostly photos, but just in case you're not familiar with James Morrison, let me give you a little background. He's a singer/songwriter from the UK. He was most well known for his song "You Give Me Something" in 2006.

He put on a great show! I was really impressed with him and taken back a bit due to the fact I was expecting this scraggly/nerdy shy guy because for some reason that's the impression I get from his first album cover from 6 years ago. I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover because he was charming, hilarious and had a cool swagger about him, far from the perception I had built up in my mind. The one pre-notion I had about him that was correct though, was that his powerhouse of a voice would be just as good, if not better in person. Highly recommend you see him if you get the chance!

By the way, you'll want to make it to the bottom of the post for a little surprise. :-)

Videos recorded:
You Give Me Something
Up
One Life
Slave to the Music
In My Dreams
Broken Strings

His opening act was a band named HoneyHoney, a country/folk group from Los Angeles. An odd choice I thought, since it didn't seem like the same fan base between the 2, but people enjoyed it. They're a little too country for my taste, but appreciate that they seem crazy talented, and I see why people loved them. I recorded a video of their song "Ohio".


















Oh yeah, and this happened


2 comments:

  1. This may be my new favorite blog. I saw your guest post on Seeking Style; and since going to concerts is one of my favorite pastimes, I'm loving catching up on all your posts.

    I'm super jealous of the Fray show you just got to see on 7/30 and the one you wrote about in February. I saw them once last year (and a couple times back in the How to Save a Life days), but I missed/am going to miss them twice this year when they're nearby.

    OK, off to check out more of your posts now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rebekah! I'm glad you like it! I hope you get to see The Fray again soon! They're just incredible live, I can hardly handle myself when I see them haha. I'm hoping to post some new stuff today, so stay tuned! :-)

    ReplyDelete